Monday, 24 December 2012

How to revive your WET phone?

          What happens when your phone suddenly decides to take a plunge in water? there is always a possibility that it will be fine if you fish it out quickly and thoroughly shake the water out, but what if you are not so lucky? water in your phone means there is always a possibility of short circuit in your phone (due to combination of water and electricity) which can transform your your phone into just an paper weight. And consider large term defect as well, like corrosion of your inner parts due to water. And rust on your inner parts will cut off electric current, so display of your phone will be first to get affected in most cases.
          But what would you do if your phone is soaked? most of the phones now a days have color indicators which changes color when it comes in contact with water, so telling your service center any lie about your phone will definitely not work. Don't worry before going to service center directly with your 'wet' phone as you can definitely try this methods as it might help you and definately save you some bucks, if not then you know where to take your phone. 
           so what are these methods you will learn by reading below steps, it is not necessary to try all these methods all at once, you can try any of these which you might consider useful for you.


  First thing you do when you soak your phone is to disassemble your phone till its possible, because it is better to remove each and every drop of water which might hamper your phone later.

1) DRY

Disassemble your phone and let each and every part of your phone dry, you might think that's an obvious thing, but this is the most important and foremost thing you should do. but remember to remove your battery as soon as possible, because if battery is kept connected to your phone then it might result in short circuit, as current is still being supplied to your chipset. so first remove the battery source and then shake your phone and remove each and every drop of water possible.

2) Suck your cell phone dry

Many people might think of blowing your phone with blower but it might prove harmful for your phone as water might get in deeper places, so your best bet is to use vacuum cleaner, as it will suck all your water droplets and prevent water to seep in.

3)Absorb the moisture

Water seeping in your phone means moisture coming into picture, so it will be always nice to absorb that moisture as well so that would not affect your phone's internal. so you can absorb the moisture by using rice, you have to follow this basic steps, take a bowl full of uncooked rice and place your phone between that rice and cover it with some thing tight. it is advisable to use air tight container like tupperware. it is important to have cover on the bowl or the rice will absorb moisture from environment too, not just from your phone.

4) clean the display

There will be time when you would still see moisture in your phone basically on your display, you can clean these areas with isopropyl alcohol. this fluid is used as it has two advantage:
it does not conduct electricity and it evaporates quickly.

Try not to use any heat source to dry your phone as it would not help, because when heat is given to your phone water evoparates from your phone but still it would be in your phone itself, so after cooling these water vapour again gets transformed into water droplets. so this method won't reduce much water but may result in overheating of your phone, so its advisable to stay away from these method.
           These are some steps which might help you if your phone decides to take a plunge in your sink or in swimming pool.

And do refer above steps, it might help you.

(The above steps are not tested by me, but they are definately tested by cnet, chip and wikihow and are referred from there to help you out if you get in such situation)